RRC|BIOSTATISTICS

Spotify and Linux Mint: In Harmony

Heh. Harmony. Get it?
Spotify has an unsupported client for Linux. sigh If you’ve run into an error, read below!

The instructions on the website for Spotify on Linux are here: LINK

Here are a list of commands I ran to get it to work:

1
2
3
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/spotify.list'
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 94558F59
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install -y spotify-client-qt

Error!

Problem: spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libudev.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Run this command to link ‘em up: sudo ln -sf /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1

Comments?

What do you use to listen to music at work?

One of my friends that works in a wetlab uses the AfterShokz so he can listen to music but still be able to respond quickly if someone needs his attention. You guys, its so cool looking. He said a drawback is that when it gets low on battery (he uses the wireless version) a voice says loudly “LOW BATTERY” which can really be quite jarring in general, but especially when there’s nothing in your ears!

I use Sony MDR-7506 over-ear headphones so I can just get into the zone and code… but it would be nice to go on a walks and listen to music while having awarness of my surroundings.